Helpful Tips to Maximize your Visit to the Veterinarian
- Bring a list of questions to ask the Doctor
- If coming in for urinary issues, don’t let your dog urinate on the way in. For cats, remove litter box 2 hours prior to Vet visit.
- Bring all previous records, history, vaccines, and diagnostic work done on your pet if we have never seen them before.
- Always bring a stool sample for yearly exams, new puppy/kitten exams or anytime your pet is having problems with diarrhea.
- If you are seeing worms in your pets stool, bring a stool sample as well as the worm you are seeing.
- Know what brand of food and exactly how much you feel your pet daily. This also includes any tablescraps/people food and treats given.
- Fast pet at least 12 hours prior to any potential bloodwork. Water is ok to still give.
- Record observations of pet, especially if is a chronic activity, ie: seizures, coughing, vomiting etc.
- Note any changes in appetite, behavior, activity, and urinating/defecating patterns.